History - Marcol Group

Solid track record

The following timeline shows how Marcol has evolved since its establishment in 1976. Each decade includes some examples of achievements, acquisitions, projects and companies that have been established. It is by no means exhaustive.

From 2007

Acquisition of Median Kliniken, Germany’s leading private rehabilitation care provider. Median owns and operates 27 clinics at 19 locations throughout Germany.

Formation of RMH Group, a joint venture to specialise in the hospitality and care home sectors. The first projects are the development of luxury retirement villages under the Manor Life brand and a £60m hotel and residential project in Guildford, Surrey.

history-rmh

From 1997

Euro Real Estate formed to establish a retail portfolio throughout Central and Eastern Europe.

The acquisition of Hemingway Properties, with an enterprise value of c. £100m. It has now assembled a portfolio of mixed use properties with a value of c. £150m.

Established joint venture partnership with Britannia Parks, a specialist in residential park homes. It now owns 20 sites across the UK and is one of the UK’s leading residential park home operators.

Retail Property Investment Trust formed to assemble a retail portfolio throughout Germany with a focus on long leases to leading retailers. Current value of the portfolio is c. €750m and includes over 150 properties.

Formation of a pan-European logistics and industrial property portfolio under the IS brand. Since inception, c. €800m has been invested across Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary and Poland.

Acquisition and delisting of Compco Holdings plc, with an enterprise value of c. £350m. Assets included the Frenson Estate in Liverpool, a substantial number of central London commercial properties and a 40% shareholding in the Chelsea Harbour Estate, in which Marcol has since acquired the remaining 60% shareholding.

Formation of Mango Hotels to acquire, design and develop hotels to be operated under brands such as Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Radisson and Ramada Groups.

CGIS formed to take advantage of difficult market conditions and establish a portfolio of offices throughout London. Strategic disposals, acquisitions and active management of the portfolio increased its value by 50%.

history-britanniahistory-compcohistory-mangohistory-cgis

From 1987

Development of Festival Leisure Park. This involved the acquisition of a 100 acre site in Basildon from three separate land owners, attainment of planning consent and the subsequent development and letting of approx 750,000 sq ft of leisure, office, logistics and industrial space over a three year period.

Formation of City & General to carry out central London office developments and refurbishments, completing approximately 20 projects.

Industrial Securities (IS) formed to acquire high yielding multi-tenanted industrial estates that would benefit from in-house asset management skills.
history-cghistory-is

From 1977

Acquired Winner portfolio, consisting of 80 properties across London, including Shepherds Bush Market.

Key developers on the London Estates, including Grosvenor, Portman and Eton College. Completed the refurbishment and redevelopment of approximately 90 buildings.

News

IS Europe purchase Grade A Logistics Platform

May 27, 2016
IS France in partnership with Marathon have recently acquired a Grade A logistics platform. The

more...

Newly formed iSec Group sees rapid expansion

March 11, 2016
iSec, a part of Marcol, and formerly known as Marcol Industrial and Industrial Securities, has seen

more...

Industrial Securities France acquire EUR 62M portfolio in and around Paris

January 22, 2016
IS France in partnership with Marathon, has completed the purchase of the Sunrise portfolio for the

more...